Friday, March 30, 2007

I still can smell the spring of last year


Time can change so many things , but somehow some things remain the same.
Some tears belong to the past but seem last forever.

I wept when we left Yokohama.
It's just not only about the city or memories.If you said that I was being too sentimental,well...the pain starts all over especially when I receive a letter like this

Hello!! How are you these days?
I'm happy to hear from you.
Just one year ago, you left Japan.

The smell of spring wind remind me of your departure.
Sometimes I feel this one year very long, sometimes very short.

1 year ago,Wisnu was clearlly little and Akira couldn't walk alone,
so I'm surprised to see little children's rapid growth!!



A year passed by. Kids are growing, things are changing. Wisnu is able to argue. He also has his own ideas on the ways of doing things. Akira is turning two years old and is starting to be more difficult to handle with his tantrum and his so-called-diagnosed-delayed speech. Andhika has bruises on big part of his forehead as he is learning to walk. He can now fight over the toys with Akira.

I am crawling with my sentimental feeling of a place I once knew. Feeling like going back to the place we could live as a family, with less conflict, less intereference. But it would only show that I am not ready to grow. Not ready to move on.

At the same time it means I refuse the nature of life. For life is supposed to teach us to love, consequently to be hurt by people we claim love. To expect something for the future for we do not have now. To try harder when we felt that we have done but saw nothing has been made into effect. To give more even when we are lack of courage to sacrifice.

The last spring was just a perfect time to leave Yokohama. When the winter and stormy weather was almost over, and the city was getting kinder everyday. We were recovering from the fever and the pain of the chicken pox. It may have been just too perfect to leave, as like lovers feel hard to part when they are so much in love, we were at the point of being able to stand on the ground with so many kind people around. But part of life is to bear our pains and sorrow to be able to seize for tomorrow.

dedicated for our dear friends in Yokohama

No comments: