Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Firework

For the Japanese,
it means Hanabi festival.
what's so special about it?
you wear yukata for women
and jimbe for men
set a place to sit by the sea
with thousands of people
and watch the thousands of fireworks



I went to the red brick
with my husband and kids
his aikido friends



My son was so excited
that he did not want to sleep
eventhough he usually sleeps at 7.30
on that day, the firework just began 7.30
my baby was sleeping peacefully on my lap
maybe one day he'll remember this

my husband asked" are you happy?"
of course. just like everbody is.
but I have strange feelings I could not name it
looking at those fireworks on the sky

look at the soaring fire
it's just like my life, or yours
so colorful, so bright,
surounded by others
with different colors

yet, in a short time
it will vanish
just like that


No comments: