Saturday, July 02, 2005

The 1st bite is the deepest





These past two weeks wisnu has been bottom-naked around the house. He kept putting his pant and diaper off. I was worried in the first few days, but then after consulting certain reliable web sites I found out that he is in the period of exploring his genital. Ooops!

You could probably imagine the look on my face during his exploration. Apprehensive? Anxious? Freak out? He put his penis in the glass, checking the color and said " ibu, biru (blue)" . Yes, indeed , honey, the glass is blue so is your penis because it is IN the glass. Come on, give me the glass and put your diaper on!

Then he took the guitar stand from the bedroom and laid it on the floor. He sat on it and put his object of exploration in such a way that I became speechless and dazzled. I wish I knew what to say. He looked at 'it' and me back and forth. What now? checking temperature, darling?

One afternoon, there was a children song (of course japanese children song) on the TV. I don't quite understand the lyrics, though. Wisnu was watching it too (bottom-naked, off course). The song clip shows a little girl only wearing a pant watching TV. Suddenly there is a mosquito biting the girl and the girl cried. Aha! This is a good teaching moment!

I said to wisnu, " look, wisnu what happen to the girl? the mosquitos bite her! If you don't wear your diaper and pant, the mosquito will bite you,too. It's summer time and there will be lots of mosquitos around. Come on, put your diaper on!" . For the 1st time, he surrendered! For the 1st time too, I thanked the TV program (usually they have weird programs).

One afternoon, my husband was on his computer catching his deadline and I was cooking for dinner. Wisnu was playing with the rolling window alone, this time with his pant and diaper ON!
suddenly he screamed frantically" Aarggh... ibu!! aarghhh..!". He bursted into tears and pointed at his left foot. My husband asked bewildering , " What is it? ". I checked his left foot and the spot he pointed. Bingo! A mosquito. " ooh..nyamuk, aji' I said to my husband calming him down (because he was also panicked) .Wisnu was still crying eventhough I already killed the mosquito.
When I explained why wisnu cried so loud upon seeing a mosquito on his foot, my husband smiled and said" the first bite is the deepest, right wisnu?". yeah, right. Now, comes a new challenge : I need to find ideas how to make wisnu understand that mosquito is not that scary.
Any good TV program on that?

No comments: