Friday, July 29, 2005

Wisnu' s birthday


Last year, as a rookie mom I did not do much.
1. Trying to look for balloons -- went to Kalibata mall and got the balloons blown by the Jakarta Book centre staff and took a taxi from kalibata mall which actually only less than 500 meters. I made an appointment with a balloon seller to come to our house to blow some balloons.

2. Preparing the hats for the birthday boy ,his father and his lovely cousin
The night before the D day, I burnt the midnight oil striving to produce the most fancy hat for the birthday boy. It took me hours to find the ideas and to glue the crap papers. At first, my husband only watched what I was trying to do, and about 2 a.m he found out that the progress was not much. Then he helped out. Bingo!It only took him few minutes to come up with what I would say a masterpiece. I smiled at him for letting me push my limit!!

3. Making my own birthday cake
My son is allergic to cow's milk and I absolutely could not afford the expensive Disney birthday cake. So what? I always murmur it to my self "the first has got to be impressive". With the help of a genius friend, we made carrot cake (which recipe I discovered from one year old child guide book) which turn out to be more expensive since the ingredients are imported and the effort was totally exhaustive. I had to let my husband go to the children education seminar alone while I was baking the cake. How's the cake? Only Wisnu and Oom gatot who was interested in tasting it! The rest of the guests enjoyed the normal cake from Bu nani.

Wanna see the result?

Not bad, huh? Not bad at all--


That's what happened last year. This year, we are in Yokohama-- far away from relatives but there are some friends. Hiroko, the project planner, suggested that we go to Izu peninsula. We impulsively signed up for it since we had the naive idea that it would only cost 13,000 yen for the four of us for that wonderful two day trip. When we found out that it would be a way more than that, what can we say?

For one thing, the cancellation fee would be 30 % from the total fee. Second, it's summer and it's perfect time to go there. Third, next year we will go back to Indonesia and a chance like this is hard to find : on a trip with some nice Japanese friends.

On the other hand, we are moving away from this Foreign Student House we are living in this September. We need to find an apartment and so far we have not found suitable one in terms of the price. To tell you the truth, we might need to pay three months rent fee in advance.

Come to think of it, I started teaching again this week. I have some money and we could allocate other expenses post for this unforgetable-will-be trip. It'd better be unforgetable!

So, here we go!!! This monday we are departing for Izu Peninsula
.



http://izu-sakuraya.jp/photograph/beach/shirahamabeach1.htm

No comments: